Results are in and it's official: Walnut Acres Spy Kids did an AMAZING job with their mission to "read to raise money for Walnut Acres!"
2012-2013 Read-A-Thon by the numbers:
- 432 students participated in grades K-5...that's a 75% participation rate.
- 6322 hours of reading logged in 21 days.
- Over $21,000 raised to sustain programs such as vocal music, art, and aides.
- 86 kids read 21 or more hours...that's a solid hour every day for the entire reading period.
- 12 kids read 42 or more hours...that's at least TWO hours each day for the entire reading period.
- 3 classes earned pizza parties for 100% participation. Way to go Mrs. Bangs', Mrs. Amundson's and Mrs. Clark's classes!
- 1000 giggles and cheers when Dr. Dowd announces the top readers and fundraisers, and gets silly-stringed in front of the whole school on Thursday, December 20!
Thanks again to all the teachers, the Spy Moms and Dads, and our super Spy Kids who helped make this year's Read-A-Thon such a success.
Thanks also to our generous local sponsors:
MooYah Burgers, Fries & Shakes
California Pizza Kitchen
Round Table Pizza
Anna HalversonMonica Skopec